Choose life.
About Me
My blogger profile
occupation:
below poverty line student
dream job:
poverty line journalist
likes:
Kate
photos
all sports

Archives

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005

General Interest Links
Bible Gateway
CIA World Factbook
Triviachat
Poetry.com
IMDb - Movies
EVERYTHING about Grammar

News Links
BBC
Yahoo! News
Google News
International Herald Tribune
B92-News
Yahoo! Full Kosovo News
crikey.com.au
Al Jazeera
Reuters

Media Specific Links
Poynter Online
Reporters Without Borders
Press Now - SE Europe
Associated Press
Journoz.com
B92 - Links
The Australian - Links
UQ School of Journalism

Syndicate this blog
RSS/XML site feed

Add to MyYahoo! Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Rojo


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Return to Top

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The Earley Edition has officially moved to http://earleyedition.com/blog. My dot com, that is. Thanks for joining me.





Friday, September 23, 2005

Thanks for the Memories

It's been a strange day. About an hour and a half sleep for both myself and Kate, but she got her assignment done, I got one of mine done... sweet. Thanks to Dan for his generous offer to help me write/finish either my radio or print news stories, when I was clearly beyond help.
So the good news, I completed and submitted my radio news story. I didn't even think to send it to myself so I could upload it here, the finished version. That will have to wait until next week. Next week?
HOLIDAYS!
Kate and I will go down the coast until Tuesday morning, at which point I'll drive her straight in to work in the city while I book it on over to get some 9.30 to 5'ish action in at the school of journalism newspaper. Probably some sucking up needs to be done if I'm going to pass, but got talking to one of the 'editors' in there today, as that's where I was writing radio story and we were the only two in room. He asked what I was working on, liked the premise of the story and said I should submit it as it's the sort of thing that would go front or page two... Results, ay? I'll give YOU stinkin' results.

So now it's off to a fun-filled 5 hours of work... For the 7th post of the day this has been a particularly long one. I'm fired up. Raring to go. I've got stories to write, French to learn, my wedding to arrange, my wife to marry, and myself to frame for it.

Not really, but I thought I could continue in the theme of nerd with a bit of Princess Bride.

the earley edition - Posted by Dave @ 9/23/2005 06:52:00 pm || || Return to Top