For some reason the microphone on my computer is stuffed, so there's no podcast for you. A loud fuzz is not cool; I can only faintly hear myself if I speak loudly directly into the microphone. Instead, I will only be able to give you one round of audio pleasure this evening. Pleasure, pain, what's the difference really?
I've just been playing with GarageBand on the Mac, and the track I've come up with I called organgrinder. I don't particularly like it's final, overall sound, but bits of it are okay. Let me point out, as your ears are assaulted, that I am entirely musically inept. All the music comes from preset sound loops in GarageBand that I've just forced together. In the hands of an experienced user, perhaps you could even make something bearable.
Things I would have tried not to bitch about in my podcast, but probably would have:
- The fact that my back is screwed, but I'm going to work to lift boxes till 1am anyway
- I then am getting up for a meeting at 8.30am
- My car's exhaust pipe finally busted a nut. Now it is exceptionally loud, and that needs to be dealt with in the morning
- Immediately following tomorrow afternoon's soccer game I'm going to lift more boxes for three hours
- I have to be at university from 8.45am Sunday until 5pm for a coaches training day so I can earn $40 a week telling little kiddies to run around after school
- Straight from there it's back to church to run the international service...
- And a major city getting attacked is headline news world over, everyone is devastated, but who gives a rat's arse about the hundreds and hundreds of Iraqi's who have died (for example) as a result of suicide bombings? Certainly the G8 leaders aren't standing shoulder to shoulder to condemn every one of those attacks.
the earley edition - Posted by Dave @ 7/08/2005 07:20:00 pm || ||