Choose life.
About Me
My blogger profile
occupation:
below poverty line student
dream job:
poverty line journalist
likes:
Kate
photos
all sports

Archives

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005

General Interest Links
Bible Gateway
CIA World Factbook
Triviachat
Poetry.com
IMDb - Movies
EVERYTHING about Grammar

News Links
BBC
Yahoo! News
Google News
International Herald Tribune
B92-News
Yahoo! Full Kosovo News
crikey.com.au
Al Jazeera
Reuters

Media Specific Links
Poynter Online
Reporters Without Borders
Press Now - SE Europe
Associated Press
Journoz.com
B92 - Links
The Australian - Links
UQ School of Journalism

Syndicate this blog
RSS/XML site feed

Add to MyYahoo! Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Rojo


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Return to Top

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The Earley Edition has officially moved to http://earleyedition.com/blog. My dot com, that is. Thanks for joining me.





Friday, July 08, 2005

Grind


For some reason the microphone on my computer is stuffed, so there's no podcast for you. A loud fuzz is not cool; I can only faintly hear myself if I speak loudly directly into the microphone. Instead, I will only be able to give you one round of audio pleasure this evening. Pleasure, pain, what's the difference really?

I've just been playing with GarageBand on the Mac, and the track I've come up with I called organgrinder. I don't particularly like it's final, overall sound, but bits of it are okay. Let me point out, as your ears are assaulted, that I am entirely musically inept. All the music comes from preset sound loops in GarageBand that I've just forced together. In the hands of an experienced user, perhaps you could even make something bearable.

Things I would have tried not to bitch about in my podcast, but probably would have:
  • The fact that my back is screwed, but I'm going to work to lift boxes till 1am anyway
  • I then am getting up for a meeting at 8.30am
  • My car's exhaust pipe finally busted a nut. Now it is exceptionally loud, and that needs to be dealt with in the morning
  • Immediately following tomorrow afternoon's soccer game I'm going to lift more boxes for three hours
  • I have to be at university from 8.45am Sunday until 5pm for a coaches training day so I can earn $40 a week telling little kiddies to run around after school
  • Straight from there it's back to church to run the international service...
  • And a major city getting attacked is headline news world over, everyone is devastated, but who gives a rat's arse about the hundreds and hundreds of Iraqi's who have died (for example) as a result of suicide bombings? Certainly the G8 leaders aren't standing shoulder to shoulder to condemn every one of those attacks.
But what can you expect? If I supposedly care so much and it comes last on my list of things I would have ranted about in a podcast, then it's probably not registering anywhere else in general society. Alright, I have to go to work. Maybe I can leave you with a picture for your troubles.

the earley edition - Posted by Dave @ 7/08/2005 07:20:00 pm || || Return to Top