Choose life.
About Me
My blogger profile
occupation:
below poverty line student
dream job:
poverty line journalist
likes:
Kate
photos
all sports

Archives

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005

General Interest Links
Bible Gateway
CIA World Factbook
Triviachat
Poetry.com
IMDb - Movies
EVERYTHING about Grammar

News Links
BBC
Yahoo! News
Google News
International Herald Tribune
B92-News
Yahoo! Full Kosovo News
crikey.com.au
Al Jazeera
Reuters

Media Specific Links
Poynter Online
Reporters Without Borders
Press Now - SE Europe
Associated Press
Journoz.com
B92 - Links
The Australian - Links
UQ School of Journalism

Syndicate this blog
RSS/XML site feed

Add to MyYahoo! Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Rojo


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Return to Top

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The Earley Edition has officially moved to http://earleyedition.com/blog. My dot com, that is. Thanks for joining me.





Thursday, May 26, 2005

Liverpool - European Champions

Let me just say that, as a Liverpool supporter, I am of course very happy with the result this morning. 1-0 down in the first minute was a shock, but at 32 minutes or so I thought the Reds could hang on till half time and bring my prediction of a 2-1 win to Liverpool true. That is until two more goals were scored and AC Milan took a 3-0 lead into half time. Liverpool's defence couldn't cope with Milan's attack, and it seemed the game was all but over. I'll admit, I was depressed.

Enter Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez. I don't know how you inspire a team to fight back, but Rafa did it, and the Reds came out firing in the second half. It was simply amazing to see Liverpool score 3 in the space of 6 minutes, led by the mercurial Steven Gerrard. Hang on till the end with some unexpectedly solid saves from Jerzy Dudek, win the penalty shootout and thank you very much for coming.

It will be a shame, nay, an outrage(!), if Liverpool don't get to play in the Champion's League next season, even after having won it. But that's alright, they'll be making inroads in the Premier League on the back of this form.

This is what I like to hear from Stevie Gerrard in his post-match interview (video available from first link), concering rumours of him moving to Chelsea:
"How can I leave after a night like this, and all the nights I've experienced over the season? [...] Greatest night of me life."
Benitez stunned by epic comeback

What the papers say

Uefa defiant over Liverpool entry

ps - yeah, Schapelle Corby... maybe. I guess we'll find out her verdict tomorrow.

the earley edition - Posted by Dave @ 5/26/2005 10:40:00 pm || || Return to Top