Choose life.
About Me
My blogger profile
occupation:
below poverty line student
dream job:
poverty line journalist
likes:
Kate
photos
all sports

Archives

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005

General Interest Links
Bible Gateway
CIA World Factbook
Triviachat
Poetry.com
IMDb - Movies
EVERYTHING about Grammar

News Links
BBC
Yahoo! News
Google News
International Herald Tribune
B92-News
Yahoo! Full Kosovo News
crikey.com.au
Al Jazeera
Reuters

Media Specific Links
Poynter Online
Reporters Without Borders
Press Now - SE Europe
Associated Press
Journoz.com
B92 - Links
The Australian - Links
UQ School of Journalism

Syndicate this blog
RSS/XML site feed

Add to MyYahoo! Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Rojo


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Return to Top

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The Earley Edition has officially moved to http://earleyedition.com/blog. My dot com, that is. Thanks for joining me.





Friday, July 16, 2004

Last Day

I thought I was here for another week, but it turns out this is my last day here in 'N'.  The only loss is the week's pay, but for me that is fairly substantial.

I'm heading down to Sydney on Sunday to spend a few days there, and will probably be back in Brisbane Thursday night.
 
I had an epiphany the other day, but I can't remember it.
 
I would also say more about my time here in 'N', but at this stage that would take more introspection, reflection and general thought than I care to exercise at this particular time of a Friday afternoon.  Perhaps tomorrow or next week.

Good luck to the Wallabies in the Bledisloe Cup.  I think they'll actually have a very good chance if Chris Whitaker starts for the injured Gregan.  Gregan may be a good captain, but Whitaker is the better scrum-half, by a mile.  Anyone who saw the difference he made coming on against South Africa in last year's Tri-Nations would know that.  The speed of his pass out of the rucks and mauls changed the whole momentum of the Australian backline, and literally, you could see the difference.  It may not have been noticeable on TV, but watching from the stands, that pass was burning.  For the positive impact Whitaker can have on the game, the sooner Gregan retires the better.  Just looked it up online, and it looks like Whitaker is the man.  It's good to see Chris Latham getting a starting spot as well, just too bad it has to be at the expense of Joe Roff.   At least Jones had the sense to put Matt Burke on the bench, but I can't believe he still makes the squad.  He's over the hill, and seeing him continually start ahead of Latham in last year's World Cup infuriated me no end.
 
Alright, I have nothing more to say.  Adios.

the earley edition - Posted by Dave @ 7/16/2004 09:18:00 am || || Return to Top